1.09.2013

Turn to the Tea

Many of my friends know of my obsession with Crate & Barrel.  It’s like what FAO Schwartz used to do for me as a kid.  Instead of oohing over rainbow m&ms and plush stuffed animals of every shape and size, I experience a type of giddy euphoria when I walk through the glass doors and see cutlery, pillows, vases, shelves, and napkin holders. What happened?

Making our nest, cave, dwelling, etc. desirable and to our liking is fun. It really is. POINT RENEE- well this year Crate&Barrel is celebrating their 50th anniversary by highlighting their famous Arzberg  teapot. They've asked 12 artists to create one of a kind, limited addition teapots. They’re adorable and of course I'm collecting them, duh.  It also makes the months pass quickly because I count the days down as to when I can purchase my next one.  If I miss one, even one, it’s all for not. So I am the crazy who waits up at 12:00 AM to purchase my pot.

I don’t know about you, but if you're stuck in a rut on a theme, colors, feeling, season, whatever- turn to the tea. Enjoy!