4.10.2011

For the Men: I

We haven't forgotten about the men!  I have a few male co-workers who are engaged to be married, and one of them asked for my input regarding his groomsmen gift.

My obvious first question was "what is your budget?"  It was, in my opinion, very generous and easy to work with.  We muddled for a few minutes over the obvious options; cuff links, pocket squares, flasks, etc.  But nothing was  hitting the mark.  Typical wasn't what this groom was after, and taking a moment to think a little more, a little light bulb went off. 

I am extremely fond of Woodford Reserve bourbon (ah hem, yes this lady drinks Bourbon).  I asked the groom since he is from North Carolina and went to school in Richmond, Virginia, if his groomsmen would appreciate a bottle of Woodford Reserve, and if he himself enjoyed the drink.  That struck a chord. We immediately went to check out the Woodford Reserve website and found a great treat.  Personalized labels on your Bourbon.  

Once you log on to the website, on the left there will be a link for "Personalize a Label".  From there you have two lines to personalize the bottle you purchase.  

Gifts for the groomsmen should be something they can use,  can enjoy, and don't have 4 or 5 pairs of.  I can't imagine the amount of flasks and cuff links that some people may have accrued depending on how many weddings they're a part of.  

Personalized bourbon meets all of those requirements.  It'll also last them more than an evening or two. I told my co-worker once he had the bourbon he could give them out as the bottle or put in natural paper bags with some tissue (perhaps in the same colors as the wedding)- it'll be welcomed with open arms and a "man hug" will ensue. 

Cheers!

THIS JUST IN:  My coworker (the one who was brainstorming about his groomsmen gifts) told me about Toms Glass Works.  If you're looking for personalized barware.... this looks like a really great place to visit!