4.14.2011

Maison fondee en 1862

J'adore macarons!  My mom and sister have flown to Paris and my heart fluttered when my mom told me she would bring me back a petite box of macarons.  A French macaron is a meringue cookie that has a flavored filling in the middle.  They can be any color and have any extracted flavor you like.  The two crème de la crème French macaron houses have to be:  Laduree and Fauchon (both French of course!)

PERSONAL FAVORITE:  Laduree Macarons!

Be honest... how could you simply not fall in love with macarons after looking at those 2 websites?

I remember the first time I went into the La Duree patisserie along the Champs de Elysees.  My eyes were filled with amazement and excitement as I feasted eye on a marble counter that topped a glass case, fit for royalty, that housed these delectable treats.  Half of the people in the shoppe weren’t ordering anything at all, but staring at the masterpiece before them that would inevitably end up in their bellies. 
So why am I telling you about macarons?!  Wedding favors!

Engagement parties, bridal showers, bachelorettes, centerpieces, accents, after-wedding take aways… these little treats can be used for everything!  Because of the variety of colors they come in, it’s so easy to make them a part of your décor.  Go back to my “To the Masters” blog.  Beside the cake is a small sample of green macarons. 

You don’t have to ship from Europe, there are plenty of good American macaron shoppes in the United States including MadMac NYC and Macaron Café

Just lovely!