4.08.2011

Funky Friday: Haute Couture

Happy Friday everyone! It's a little gray and a little gloomy outside, so I've decided to dedicate Fridays to being "funky".  I have neighbors who like to give me their fashion magazines once they're done reading them- winning!  I was pleasantly surprised to find the April 2011 Vogue issue outside of my door earlier this week.

...And then I found this!
source Vogue
How lucky for me that the week we launched Vogue had a wedding editorial?? It's on stands now so go out and buy it- or just look here! We all know that high-couture, editorial looks are not always practical for the "real world", however these looks are still fashion-forward yet appropriate.

There are far more pictures than this and I promise to post them all, along with citations to highlight the clothes. 

PERSONAL FAVORITE:  The bottom photo of what I presume to be the looks of the ring bearer and flower girl.  Her smock petticoat is scrumptious!  I've been a huge fan of smock coats ever since I saw Carrie Bradshaw wearing hers in the first installment of Sex and the City.

It's such a fun alternative to the regular sweater or pashmina.  With a big full a-line skirt underneath, dresses with smock coats are like little parfaits- one fun layer after the other!